Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambru929
Level 7

Roku stick can't connect to internet

I keep getting error code 009, can't connect to internet.  This is the second roku stick where this has happened.  I have 5 other devices that are connecting so I know the internet is working.  The roku does connect to the wifi network.  My ISP is Spectrum/Time Warner, router is Asus AC1300 and tv is LG model LJ5500.  The router software is up to date and I have put in the DNS settings on the router, still nothing works.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku stick can't connect to internet

Which Stick? Model 3400, 3420, 3500, 3600, 3800, 3810?

Also, when do you get that message? Describe what's on the screen, how it changes when you interact, and how far down the process before you get the error message.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ambru929
Level 7

Its a model 3800x, I plug it into the hdmi jack on the tv and get a 'lets get started' screen to choose the language. The next screen searches for wifi connections, I choose mine and enter the router password.  I get a green check by connected to network and a red x by connected to internet.  It goes back to the screen with the list of wifi connections.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69020
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
ambru929
Level 7

I have ordered the extender and will let you know how it goes.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
ambru929
Level 7

Unfortunately it did not work I am still getting the same error code.
0 Kudos
lfayb
Level 8

I recently had problem connecting a new roku.  I doubt it is the same problem but just it case  I do not remember error code.
I have a  different router,  a netgear.  It has a setting to prevent new devices from connecting to the internet unless activated.  I had been playing around  with the routers settings and changed it to not let new devices connect.  I had to go into the setting and allow it,  it  then connected.
0 Kudos