Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanadbenali222
Level 7

Roku stick WiFi password

Hello,

I found my old roku stick after moving a long time ago,  i lost the remote and forgot the old network, I found a wireless connection called roku but needs a password. 

Question one what's the password for this network?

Question two there is a  sticker behind the device with  serial and wireless, what's the wireless  info there used for? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku stick WiFi password

You need a remote to set it up and since you have a stick you need a Roku remote.  There is no other way.  None of the other information you ask for will help you.

0 Kudos
MPJ
Level 7

I have the same issue. I found my old Roku stick but I don't have the remote. I cannot connect my stick to my wifi! I have the app downloaded and also have another Roku device in the home. The remote for my other device will not work on my stick. Someone please help!

0 Kudos
Sanadbenali222
Level 7

What about the app, most people use the app as a remote, 

I used some workarounds from YouTube but the stick wasn't connect to the tethered network 

Am pretty sure of the SSID and password 

So I think the problem is finding the password for this roku direct network or resetting it 

0 Kudos
MPJ
Level 7

I already have the app. The app works great with my Roku Express since both are on the same wifi network. The issue is I cant get my older model stick to connect to a network since I have no working remote to connect it with.

0 Kudos