Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanadbenali222
Level 7

Roku stick WiFi password

Hello,

I found my old roku stick after moving a long time ago,  i lost the remote and forgot the old network, I found a wireless connection called roku but needs a password. 

Question one what's the password for this network?

Question two there is a  sticker behind the device with  serial and wireless, what's the wireless  info there used for? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick WiFi password

You need a remote to set it up and since you have a stick you need a Roku remote.  There is no other way.  None of the other information you ask for will help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MPJ
Level 7

I have the same issue. I found my old Roku stick but I don't have the remote. I cannot connect my stick to my wifi! I have the app downloaded and also have another Roku device in the home. The remote for my other device will not work on my stick. Someone please help!

0 Kudos
Sanadbenali222
Level 7

What about the app, most people use the app as a remote, 

I used some workarounds from YouTube but the stick wasn't connect to the tethered network 

Am pretty sure of the SSID and password 

So I think the problem is finding the password for this roku direct network or resetting it 

0 Kudos
MPJ
Level 7

I already have the app. The app works great with my Roku Express since both are on the same wifi network. The issue is I cant get my older model stick to connect to a network since I have no working remote to connect it with.

0 Kudos