Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku setting says WiFi is connected with excellent connection but apps won’t open

Please help!! Since customer service is not available due to covid

roku states has WiFi connection.

once I go to open Netflix or amazon prime etc. the apps won’t open and it says there is a connection error...

please help Smiley Happy

thank you

12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku setting says WiFi is connected with excellent connection but apps won’t open

We're having the same issue. Frustrating to pay for services we can't use. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku setting says WiFi is connected with excellent connection but apps won’t open

Same issue on a wireless connection telling me to unplug a non existent HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My message is:  I am not connected to WIFI.  However, the movie starts then stops and keeps repeating that it is rebooting.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What does a HDMI cable look like?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It's a thicker cable with a connector on each end.  The connectors look similar to a USB connector but larger.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Had no problems in the morning, since 6 pm have the same issue, internet speed is good - 92. Tried everything still the same. any idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just fixed the issue. I disconnected my router from AC, waited for a couple of minutes and connected AC plug with the router again. Now ROKU works! Try this technique, may be it will work for you. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This has been happening for 2 days. No channels work. Connectivity test shows my signal is good. I’ve rebooted Roku and my router. 

has anyone figured this out? I’ve been tried unplugging the AC cable with each reboot and nothing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Have had this problem for a couple of months now. Moreso with the newer Roku, but it happens with both. Only solution is to reboot router and Roku every time. But that isn’t an acceptable fix. Somehow, it passes the internet test but still comes back as not connected. Makes no sense.

0 Kudos