Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlucia

Roku set up wifi- Connecting to Pavlov internet servics

Hi! My apartment complex uses Pavlov to connect all devices and requires the MAC address for the device to connect. I just purchased the Roku Express to connect to my Vizio TV and I can’t access the Roku’s MAC address without connecting to the internet first (it won’t let me go into settings at all). But I can’t connect to the internet without the MAC address. Any help would be much appreciated! #RokuExpress

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku set up wifi- Connecting to Pavlov internet servics

@tlucia 

If you have access to a mobile hotspot, you can setup your Roku Express using the hotspot.  After successfully setting up and activating, you can then go to Settings/System/About in the Roku menu and see your wireless MAC address.

You can do similarly if you have access to another network (friend,family, etc.).  Setup your Roku on this alternate network and then view the wireless MAC address in the Settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku set up wifi- Connecting to Pavlov internet servics

In addition to what @AvsGunnar , you can also see the MAC address if you choose "Private network" from the wireless setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.