Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collin1
Level 7

Roku search function NOT WORKING on my Wifi

Hello, I'm new to this community.

Got a real baffler-- and I know there's already a few bafflers on here associated with Roku.

Bought a roku express, plugged into my TV. I have 2 wifi accounts, one is my landlords (which he's letting me use), one is my own. I noticed right off that I was unable to get my code (which roku sends to new users) by connecting to my own wifi. I switched over to my landlords and it downloaded the code fine.

the problem is that when I'm connected to my own wifi, I am unable to use the search function. I can type in all I want, all I get is blank. yet when I change connections to my landlords wifi, the search function works.

as for playing things. if a channel has already been added (though my landlords wifi), and I'm now using my own wifi, most of the time, the channel will play. so my own wifi will play content (mostly). however when it comes to getting new content through the search function, I have to switch to my landlords wifi for that to work.

would like to be self supporting on my own wifi . maybe its a problem with my own router? anyone ever have this issue?

thanks kindly.
Collin
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku search function NOT WORKING on my Wifi

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Couple of things to see what is going on with your router:
-Have you tried rebooting your wireless router, then restarting your device?
-Have you checked your router configurations to see if any of your ports are being blocked?

You can also check out some wireless troubleshooting tips here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos