Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AurturoJane
Level 7

Roku says wrong Wifi password, however I’m 100% sure I have the right one??

Wifi password is wrong erroneously and Roku will not connect with dorm wifi. I tried to connect roku with my university wireless wifi but it says wrong password and won’t connect. I reseted the Roku and Roku network. Turned off my phone and network setting. Nothing helps. It always says wrong password even though I’m 100% sure it’s the right password.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Roku says wrong Wifi password, however I’m 100% sure I have the right one??

When trying to connect your COMPUTER to your dorm internet, do you have to log in via a system web page you access via the web browser on your computer (either now or when you first set things up)?

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you use the browser in a WiFi-equipped computer or mobile device and set it up to temporarily work through the Roku. You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos