Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nightmask
Level 7

Roku says connected, but it's not

My device sees both wireless and internet connections, it also says connected when you look at the info, but it's still not able to go to channels update time, or any of the functions that would be associated with being connected. I have reset my router, modem, and roku unit many times, but there is still no connection. anyone else ever experience this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Roku says connected, but it's not

If you haven't already done the Network Connection Reset (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/reset connection) you might try that.

Otherwise, make sure you have the latest RokuOS version (Settings/System/System Update/Check Now), which is currently 9.4.0-4188 (for most devices).

Otherwise, try changing the band your Roku (you didnt say which model) connects to (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz), or changing the band's channel in your modem/router/gateway's configuration.

0 Kudos