Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IshYeeBOi
Level 7

Roku saying good connection but continues to experience hitches or buffering

My roku will tell me I have a good connection, but won’t let me do anything without constant hitches or buffering every few seconds. What should I use instead?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku saying good connection but continues to experience hitches or buffering

Hi @IshYeeBOi

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or regardless of the channel you access on your Roku device? Have you tried restarting both your Roku player and router? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. 

The suggestions in this Support article may also help: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dpester1984
Level 7

Re: Roku saying good connection but continues to experience hitches or buffering

I am experiencing this same issue.  It is with multiple apps (Netflix, Disney as examples.  Netflix tried to load but errors out with a NW-2-5 error.  Disney+ lets me get to a movie, but once I click to watch, it just in a constant loading state.  The only real app I can get successfully run is Youtube.  

I have also tried to Factory Restore a Streaming Stick, and when it comes to sending a verification link to my email, it tells me that there was an error sending the email.

All of this while Roku has a Good Connection.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @dpester1984

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

We would recommend starting with removing the affected channels > restart your Roku device > add the channels back in. 

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support article: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Furthermore, please reply here with the exact message showing up on your TV screen when you try to relink your email to your Roku stick. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos