Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku say it’s connected to internet but not the network

When I run a network check on my Roku it says it is in fact connected to the internet through my home’s WiFi... then when I try any apps, they all say it’s not connected to the network and to check my connection. This all happened suddenly. I’ve unplugged and rebooted every single component of every item related to my Roku, Internet, Router, TV, etc etc

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku say it’s connected to internet but not the network

@JJE1616 This sounds like it may be an issue with the wireless router allowing your device to connect outwards to the internet. Have you contacted your internet service provider yet to report the issue and request that they investigate your Roku's connection to your router, and see if they can identify any connection or configuration issues that could be preventing proper connectivity? Have you tried connecting your Roku to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you experience the same issue? If not, this will give you a good indication that something in your router's configuration is causing the issue. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am in a hotel and it appears that i am connected but I can not get Netflix to appear

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@112346Djh 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are in a hotel, are you using the Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

For more information about the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having this same issue!  The internet is connected, but the channels/apps all say that they are not connected to the network.  Everything worked fine for two weeks, then everything quit.  I have rebooted the router and Roku stick+ multiple times. I even bought a WiFi extender hoping that would help.  Nope.  Nothing has been changed on my router, so I don’t understand why the Roku suddenly doesn’t work.  I am extremely frustrated!!!

Highlighted

This is happening to me, too. I’ve tried the 2 networks I have, both are fine. But every channel says it cannot connect to the internet. When I run a check it’s fine. 

it’s been this way for 2 days. Help! When I stream on my phone my channels work fine. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same issue and it is extremely frustrating because every other device in my house works fine. I was able to pull up Hulu on my fiancé’s laptop and stream but the Roku just won’t work for no apparent reason. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same here!  Worked fine for weeks and then all of sudden Roku boc says network error on every channel!  Can watch fine through PS4 in loving room on hulu, but not my roku box in last bedroom.  Very frustrating to have something you paid amost $100 for to just stop working properly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Did your Roku recently update to Software Version 9.3?  Check in Settings->System->About.  Seems to be a common problem with this update, but no solution has been given.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No, it is showing 9.2.1 build 4090-AE

0 Kudos