Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku’s not appearing in network scan, not App-controllable

Jump to solution

Upon initial installation a month or so ago I was able to control all three Roku devices with the iOS app. Then one day, the app could no longer see the devices. Fing scanning of my network did not show them. Router connected devices page showed them and each device’s Network Settings showed they were all connected and had IP addresses. Put simply, they were working!

Today, one of the Roku devices appeared in a Fing scan and is indeed seen by the app and is controllable. But the other two are ghosts. They work and can be controlled by their individual remotes, but they don’t appear in Fing nor are they seen by the app.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku’s not appearing in network scan, not App-controllable

Jump to solution

Thanks. With my description of the problem and the efforts I went to sleuth out the issue, do you think there’s any possibility that I did hard reboot the entire house?

Its fixed. I upgraded the WiFi access point and now all Roku devices are accessible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Try doing a reset on your router.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. With my description of the problem and the efforts I went to sleuth out the issue, do you think there’s any possibility that I did hard reboot the entire house?

Its fixed. I upgraded the WiFi access point and now all Roku devices are accessible.

View solution in original post