Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cb6220
Level 7

Roku remote

Hi i have a Roku tv and Roku express device. The Roku express device I’ve lost the remote and the WiFi i currently have hasn’t been used on the device before. So how can i connect the roku express to WiFi? Remember i lost the remote and it hasn’t been connected before so I’m unable to get the IP address from the tv ! Help! Or do i just need to purchase a new Roku OR can i program the remote to the device and use my phone for the tv???

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku remote

The Roku Express uses an IR remote. The remote for your TV will likely work on it as well. You do not have to "pair" an IR remote, so just try the TV remote. You can also find generic IR remotes that have Roku codes in many stores that sell such remotes, or of course online. You can even buy a new basic remote directly from Roku for $15, although they appear to be out of stock at the moment.

Once you get it connected to your wireless, you can control it with an app on a smart phone or tablet that either uses Android or iOS. Or just keep using the remote you used to get it connected. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos