Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyle21
Level 7

Roku refuses to stay connected to wifi

It seems insane to me that a company as well known as Roku has no way of contacting them. I have a Roku device that refuses to stay connected to wifi. Constantly interrupting whatever I'm watching, and not working again until I completely restart the device.

I know it's not my wifi because literally any other wifi enabled device doesn't have this problem, even while sitting in the same spot that the Roku device is in.

The device is in the open, not blocked by the TV.

I've tried every troubleshooting step to be found here with no luck, and there is apparently no possible way to actually reach out to Roku by email or phone or anything.

Guess I'll be replacing this faulty device with one from one of Roku's competitors.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Is there any way at all to reach out to Roku representatives?

Chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

(choose setup/Roku TV/other/need more help)

or, message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is there any way at all to reach out to Roku representatives?

@kyle21 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the steps provided by our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, 

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos