Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Roku premiere no longer connects to wireless network

Jump to solution

My Roku Premiere stopped connecting to the wireless network after a year’s use . I have restarted the Roku and restarted the modem many times.  My Roku still cannot find my wireless network.  I did a factory reset of the Roku and that still didn’t make a difference.  Why is the Roku still not working?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku premiere no longer connects to wireless network

Jump to solution

Make sure the 2.4Ghz SSID is enabled, and manually configure it to channel 1 or 6 or 11, make sure the mode is N/AC (disable any legacy B mode), and 20Mhz width (some of these settings may be in an "advanced wireless" section).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You didnt state your model # or firmware version (it  can/does matter - some models are single band, some are dual band, etc)

However, you are not the first person to describe their wireless failing/not connecting recently/after a year.

Its possible that either the hardware failed, or a recent firmware update (wireless driver) changed connection properties, or your modem/router/gateway firmware updated/configuration changed.

Is the Premiere able to see other wireless networks (did it before)?

What channels (2.4Ghz and/or 5Ghz) are your modem/router/gateway currently configured to?

More details of your setup are needed to provide any assistance...

0 Kudos
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

The Roku cannot see other networks except for 1 other very briefly.  My router is configured to the 2.4ghz.  The Roku is premiere model 3920x. I hope this info helps.  I set it up on another tv right next to the router and then it said low signal when connecting to the other tv.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Go into your modem/router/gateway configuration and manually configure the 2.4Ghz SSID to channel 1, 6, or 11 - also try disabling any legacy "b" mode ("n" or "ac" mode only) and set the channel width 20Mhz, then see if it detects your SSID.

0 Kudos
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I’m able to look at my computer for the wi-if/network/router settings and it says 5ghz.  On the outside of the router it was labeled as 2.4 ghz.  Does this mean there was an update to my router and is no longer compatible with the roku?  That is what I have read in some places. Incompatibility.  I also don’t know how to ch age your suggestions (channels etc) manually.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Some ISPs recently have disabled 2.4Ghz in their provided modems/routers/gateways.

Provide the name of your ISP and the brand/model of your modem/router/gateway and I may be able to provide you instructions  on how to reconfigure it.

0 Kudos
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok, I found where I can see this info and can see the roku was set for 2.4 and others at 5.  However, it says it’s offline and I can’t reconnect it or make changes to it.  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Make sure the 2.4Ghz SSID is enabled, and manually configure it to channel 1 or 6 or 11, make sure the mode is N/AC (disable any legacy B mode), and 20Mhz width (some of these settings may be in an "advanced wireless" section).

0 Kudos
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You're welcome - Is it working better/properly again?

0 Kudos