Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku premier no USB port how do I connect to Roku media player

How do I get my media from my Android phone to pull up in the Roku media player app without a USB port? Using Roku Premier.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Roku premier no USB port how do I connect to Roku media player

I believe the media player works by looking for a DLNA server over the network. There appear to be some DLNA server apps. No idea on how well they work, or are safe to use (adware, spyware, etc...)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku premier no USB port how do I connect to Roku media player

Even if it had a USB port, it's possible it still couldn't play your media from the phone. I can't say if the Roku would recognize the phone as a portable storage device. You should be able to cast your media from the phone to the Roku. You could also copy/move your media to a networked computer and share it with either DLNA or a dedicated server app such as Plex or Emby. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos