Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku player is displaying the wrong Network Name. Can't connect to internet.

Jump to solution

I bought 2 new Roku players. One is a Roku 4 and the other one is a Roku HD 4K HDR.  When I tried to plug it in for setup, everything goes fine until I get to the screen with connect to your internet name.  Won't connect!  I couldn't figure I why my old Roku would connect but the new one wouldn't.  I noticed that the Roku screen was displaying my old Network internet name.  Roku is not recognizing the New Internet name I changed some time ago.  ( Comcast Security change) How do I fix this problem?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku player is displaying the wrong Network Name. Can't connect to internet.

Jump to solution

@Sonya62  Thanks for reaching out! The Roku 4 supports connecting to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. Roku HD models only support connecting to 2.4GHz wireless networks. If you are not seeing your network name (SSID) appear when you are trying to connect, this would indicate that your net network is not configured to broadcast on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band frequencies. You'll need to either connect to the network name that appears, or contact Comcast support and have them assist you in enabling 2.4GHz wireless on your new network name (SSID) in order to get connected. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku player is displaying the wrong Network Name. Can't connect to internet.

Jump to solution

@Sonya62  Thanks for reaching out! The Roku 4 supports connecting to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. Roku HD models only support connecting to 2.4GHz wireless networks. If you are not seeing your network name (SSID) appear when you are trying to connect, this would indicate that your net network is not configured to broadcast on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band frequencies. You'll need to either connect to the network name that appears, or contact Comcast support and have them assist you in enabling 2.4GHz wireless on your new network name (SSID) in order to get connected. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post