Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cactuspaul

Re: Roku not showing hotel prompt

Same problem here. One in 20 tries it asks if I'm in a hotel, but does not give me enough time to complete the code on the phone. Very frustrating.

Roku, you could have had a fix by now. Are you not reading these posts?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@cactuspaul wrote:

Same problem here. One in 20 tries it asks if I'm in a hotel, but does not give me enough time to complete the code on the phone. Very frustrating.

Roku, you could have had a fix by now. Are you not reading these posts?

I had that problem when using an iPad to make the connection. What solved it for me was using my laptop instead of the phone/iPad. I don't know if it's an Apple thing, but it's worked every time with my laptop.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Roo90

Your tv sucks. Our hotel and even family members have bought roku tvs. Representatives are no help either. Same problems persists but you guys have no actual solutions. 

0 Kudos

Thanks to @Danimann30’s post - You need to reset the network settings. This worked for me on my Roku TV.

Finally what worked for me: Settings/System/Advanced System Settings and I did a Network Restart. This will take away any previously saved network info and start fresh like a factory reset (but you will still keep your channels and other preferences. I hope that helps you or anyone in the future. I was unable to find any helpful feedback online.

Mlox11
Channel Surfer

Seriously how has roku not fixed this exact problem yet, it's been years!! 

atc98092

It's been a year since I last traveled and used my Roku in a hotel, but it worked fine then. I'm starting to travel again next month, so we'll see if there are any issues. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Mlox11
Channel Surfer

Well the probelm is still very alive unfortunately. I frequent many of the same hotels and it doesn't leave the prompt long enough to let me sign in and pair the wifi to the device it keeps thinking it gets connected no matter what resets I try, most hotels it works but some it just simply won't. 

If you're having this problem here's what ALWAYS works. Get the phone number from the front desk for the internet service provider, call them and ask to register the MAC address of your roku to their service. They'll ask a few questions and manually connect it for you, poof no more issues. The MAC is located under networks, about. I'm sure many people know this but I didn't really see it on any forums on here. 

atc98092

@Mlox11 I had that problem when attempting to use my iPad or phone to complete the authentication. But when I used my Windows laptop, it worked first time every time. I can't say if it was a Roku or iOS issue, but that's what worked for me. 

Dan

Mlox11
Channel Surfer

@atc98092 wrote:

@Mlox11 I had that problem when attempting to use my iPad or phone to complete the authentication. But when I used my Windows laptop, it worked first time every time. I can't say if it was a Roku or iOS issue, but that's what worked for me. 

Good to know thanks! Unfortunately I never have my giant bulky windows laptop with me just my iPad and galaxy. I have noticed the iPad has usually worked much better and rarely have issues but yesterday I had this same issue and nothing worked I finally called the isp, so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Yuman11297

It tells me to open the wifi roku ……. And enter a pass word and the open a browser and fill in room number and hotel info but nothing comes up in browser 

0 Kudos