Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmontg
Reel Rookie

Roku not connecting to wifi no matter what i do

Jump to solution

It just stopped, i thought it was because it was raining but literally every other device i use is working perfectly fine. i’ve restarted the roku, soft reset, hard reset, i’ve reset my internet modem, i’ve turned it off and on again, ive unplugged and replugged. i’ve tried factory resetting my roku and literally nothing works. this isn’t a problem on my internets side, not only have i troubleshooted that separately and ensured that wasn’t the issue but this is the only thing not working. Do i just have to purchase a new one?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not connecting to wifi no matter what i do

Jump to solution

@jmontg--

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but it's possible there are others.

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@jmontg--

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but it's possible there are others.

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Gablubird

Jump to solution

My problem started 9-27-21.  I have restarted Roku device several times. I have reset my modem and router several times. I have contacted my internet supplier, Spectrum, with no service interruptions reported and the signal test was completed with flying colors.

checked internet connection on Roku and it says it is connected with excellent signal; however, I click on any channel and I am told there is no connection. Occasionally, I receive error code 16, but I am always instructed to set up connection which is still showing connected with excellent signal. HELP!!!

renojim

Jump to solution

@Gablubird, do you go through the connection process again even though it says it's connected?  When my Roku devices restart they always claim they are not connected even though they obviously are (I can ping and telnet to them).  I just run through the connection process again and all is well.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gablubird

Jump to solution

I have reconnected several times.  I have also not reconnected because it shows connected

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Gablubird, the only thing I can think of to try, and it's a stretch, is to change the DNS settings in your router, especially if your router is set to use your ISP's DNS server.  Try 8.8.8.8 (Google).

If you can, you might want to use your phone's hotspot feature and connect to that just to see what happens.  If that works, then it points to something in your router.

If forgot to ask, are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port (if applicable)?  If not, use the supplied power adapter.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jmontg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, I looked through my security settings with xfinity and that seemed to be the issue.. i really appreciate your reply 🙂

fridaY2965

Jump to solution

Thanks. This fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Pianodood3

Jump to solution

My problem is similar only I can get one of my Roku’s to connect and the other one won’t.🤷🏻‍♂️

LenSonny

Re: Roku not connecting to wifi no matter what i do. Says my wifi is excellent. Gives me all green

Jump to solution

Then it gives me error code 003 and sometimes 1430. Will not let me go to home page or enter skip internet for now. I use my mobile 📱 Hotspot. Worked perfectly till last week. 

0 Kudos