Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mittens
Level 8

Roku not connecting to network

Jump to solution

This has been a continuous problem since the end of May.  My roku says that it is not connected to the internet.  We have internet as everything else is working and the signal strength is "excellent'.  I go through the process of setting up the network.  Settings,  set up connection, hit wireless, looking for networks, find the network (signal strength excellent), click on network, hit connect and the roku will not connect.  

Can someone please assist me.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mittens
Level 8

Re: Roku not connecting to network

Jump to solution

So happy to say that I happily ditched all my Roku sticks.  This is the worst product ever, especially with no customer support.

Roku has lost me as a customer forever and I'm so glad I went to another television service provider who has a 24/7 customer service department.  It's great to watch TV without buffering and "can't connect to the internet" notifications.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Mittens
Level 8

Jump to solution

Will anyone from roku be getting back to me.  I'd like to watch TV.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Here's what has worked for me to re-establish my net connection. I usually have to do this on my most used Roku, a Streaming Stick+, several times a month.

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Mittens
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Called Spectrum and they advised to disconnect the power to the Roku stick and that worked.

I've been doing this every 3 or 4 days since May 25 and quite frankly, sick tired of this.  

Could the cause be that my stick is 2 1/2 years old and need to upgrade?

I'm considering going back to DishTV if this continues.

0 Kudos
Mittens
Level 8

Jump to solution

So happy to say that I happily ditched all my Roku sticks.  This is the worst product ever, especially with no customer support.

Roku has lost me as a customer forever and I'm so glad I went to another television service provider who has a 24/7 customer service department.  It's great to watch TV without buffering and "can't connect to the internet" notifications.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos