Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not connecting to internet

Jump to solution

Ugh, I'm sorry. I'm not sure what time it is where you are but I waited til about 10:30 at night to call. Seemed to be less people trying to get in touch with them at that time, I was only on hold for a few minutes 

0 Kudos
Codl

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku products they all worked fine until last night. I gone through all the steps disconnecting,reconnect and all nothing is working all it says is not connected. Don't know if it's because of the weather all I know is none of them work. Wireless 

0 Kudos
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Who is your internet service provider?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Codl

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Merary

Jump to solution

Mi roku no quiere conectar a internet tira un error disiendo que no hay conexión inalámbrica 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Merary

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use google translate to understand your inquiry.

I'd recommend checking my post above and see if that will help you resolve your connectivity issue. Let us know if there's any difference.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Trouble25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku premier plus a tv that hasn’t connected to the internet in months on t mobile I’ve done everything from resetting the router and roku to changing settings on my wifi can anyone help

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Trouble25 

Need the model number for the Premier. (Settings..System..About).  Some Premier devices are 2.4ghz only and older Premiers were dual band (2.4ghz and 5ghz band capable).

Regarding your RokuTV, these are dual band so should be able to connect to either your 2.4ghz or 5ghz.  Go into your Wireless settings on your router and check/verify that they reflect the following....

On the 2.4ghz band --- Radio is On/Enabled, SSID is Broadcasting/On, Wireless Channel set between 1 and 11 (initially try 1, 6, or 11), your Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n, and your Channel Width/Bandwidth is set to 20mhz.

On the 5ghz band ---  Radio is On/Enabled, SSID is Broadcasting/On, Wireless Channel set between 36-48 or 149-161 (any other channel is a DFS channel and cannot be seen or used by Roku), your Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC,  Channel Width/Bandwidth is set to 20mhz.

(Make sure to assign a wireless channel above, do not use Auto/Auto Channel Selection in the 5ghz band)

Additionally, to rule out a password authentication issue, try using an open network (no password/disable password) for testing.

Remember to restart both Roku and your router after making the above changes.  Also try Settings...System..Advanced System Settings..Network Connection Reset...Reset Connection

Also is helpful to see if you can connect your Roku device to a mobile hotspot if available to you, or to another network (friend, neighbor, family, etc).  This helps determine if device issue or network issue.  Since you are experiencing issue with multiple devices, most likely a network setup.

Feel free to post back with an update, including model numbers of your Roku and router, and any error messages you are seeing on screen.  Provide some details what you are seeing or if above changes helped in any way.  Screenshots of wireless settings are also helpful if you can attach. (use the little camera icon in the menu above.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Trouble25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My roku premiere is 3920rw I believe my router is a Franklin t9  my carrier is T-Mobile and the error message is 009 unable to connect to internet I have connected the hotspot off my phone but can’t off the router and I’ll check the TVs tomorrow when I click on my internet settings it says it’s on 2.4 but it seems like I have to choose either 2.4 or 5 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Trouble25 

When you check your RokuTVs tomorrow, navigate to Settings..System..About [OK or right arrow] and see if an IP address and Wireless MAC Address is available.  Wireless MAC will verify NIC (wifi chip) is working, and IP address should be in format of 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx or something similar.

Additionally, run a speedtest using a laptop/phone connected to your wifi. (https://fast.com/ or https://www.speedtest.net/).  Just make sure you are on wifi and not cell data when performing test.

Error 009 is an internet connection issue (Roku not seeing internet or internet speed seen as slow) in many circumstances.  Certainly can be attributed to the settings mentioned in previous posting though so have to confirm all those first.  

If all you are using is the Franklin T9 hotspot, you may have to move it closer to your Roku devices in order to connect.  If you have other devices connecting to this T9 I am assuming you have a SIM card installed in the T9 and everything else is working properly except the Roku devices.   Sometimes, you may need an actual router (set to bridge mode) for all your devices to connect to and then use the hotspot as means to internet access (similar to modem).  Not always, but this may be part of the issue.   May be dealing with a strength issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos