Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Roku not connecting to internet

Jump to solution

My Roku suddenly stopped working a couple days ago. It won't connect to the internet even though all my other devices are. I followed all of the troubleshooting and restarted the roku and my modem several times and nothing worked. I even tried doing a factory reset. Is there anything else I could do? Would just getting a new Roku resolve this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not connecting to internet

Jump to solution

I just called Xfinity and they were able to resolve the issue, so it's all set!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

We can't say if a new Roku would resolve your issue without more information. 

First, what's the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About?  Some Roku devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and some ISPs have been known to disable it without informing their customers. 

Second, what exactly is happening when you try to connect?  Are you getting any error messages?  Who is your ISP (Internet service provider)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset so now it won't let me get past the "choose your network" step to get into my settings. Is there another way to access the model number? My ISP is Xfinity and the error message is: Error 014.30. Ty for taking the time to respond 

0 Kudos
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just called Xfinity and they were able to resolve the issue, so it's all set!

0 Kudos
Tpardue

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express+ and Xfinity is my ISP. I am having the same issue. All other devices are working just fine. My Roku says my wireless connection has excellent strength, but it will not connect even after restarting the Roku and modem several times. Please help! Very aggrevating!

0 Kudos
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just called the xfinity customer service (they are open 24 hrs). They just walked me through it step by step. I tried everything and couldn't figure it out myslef either so you are better off just giving them a call. We managed to get it figured out in about 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Ebate

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. What did they have you do to fix it? 

0 Kudos
Admired

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue, there’s a lot of us saying the same thing so it has to be something with the service. Can someone please help us asap 

0 Kudos
Ldesro12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm can't remember each step of what they had me do so you are better off just calling so they can walk you through it

0 Kudos
NancyJoy

Jump to solution

HOW did you manage to get a hold of a real live person? I can't find a phone number. I've discovered that the problem might be xfinity "upgrading" their equipment, and now the Roku doesn't work with it. I can reconfigure the modem and that might work (I'm hoping), but I've been on hold over 52 minutes now to speak with an agent at xfinity ... grrr ...

0 Kudos