Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb410
Level 7

Re: Roku not connecting to internet but my internet is perfectly fine

We are having the same problem. I have done everything this site has said to do. Still not working.

error 014.30 on message, I have restarted roku many times. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Wrigh1kl @Barb410 @Beth5 -

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
Barb410
Level 7

I finally got it working. I rebooted my tv, then trying the Roku again. It went on and reboot, in that process it updated itself. Now it works fine. 
I have no idea why it didn’t do an auto update to begin with. But it’s working and I glad about that 

0 Kudos
Dmakins
Level 7

You need to stop giving a patent answer.. everyone is having same issue, our routers are fine and have restarted, hard restarted and it still doesn’t not work.. it finds my network but won’t connect… 

this all has happen since this bull**bleep** 5G **bleep**.. 

I wonder if everyone having problems has a Roku express 

Ikandi75
Level 8

I was able to connect to my iPhone hotspot, did all resets and it still would not connect to household WiFi after all that. After seeing everyone’s posts I would say we’re all out our money and should be searching for anything other then a Roku device.

kmanuele
Level 8

These are all good suggestions to restore a lost connection but misses the point: considering all the posts on this topic and my own experiences, some ROKU devices have serious issues with their wireless radio, and ROKU is not acknowledging this nor offering a permanent fix. Repeatedly having to reboot my router and/or ROKU is not acceptable, even if it works.

I have a ROKU Ultra. Like many other posts, it will drop the wireless connection randomly and usually reconnects in a few seconds.  Less frequently it will drop out for long periods. This happens virtually every day, usually in the evening (though we don't watch much TV during the day). Like many others report, other wireless devices in the same room have good and strong connections -- on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

The radio seems to be sensitive to external interferences, at least at 2.4 GHz. Our microwave will occasionally trigger a disconnect, for example.

This AM, turned on the TV and ROKU says no wireless. My phone is on the internet in the same room with no problem, and a strong signal. I removed power from Ultra, restarted, and the device can see 2.4 GHz, but now it can't even see 5 GHz. I connected via 2.4 GHz and is now working -- so far.

But I guarantee it will drop the connection again today.

0 Kudos
renojim

@kmanuele, if your Ultra can't see the 5GHz network then your 5GHz Wi-Fi is probably set to an unsupported channel.  If the channel is set to "Auto", change it to a channel below 50 or above 150.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kmanuele
Level 8

ROKU saw and was connected to 5 GHz yesterday. Nothing in my system was changed. Only the Ultra didn't see it this morning.

Channels are set to Auto, and those 'forbidden' channels are not available in my router.

Regardless, why would a device with modern features try to connect to a channel it doesn't support?

K

0 Kudos
renojim

@kmanuele wrote:

Regardless, why would a device with modern features try to connect to a channel it doesn't support?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.  The channel is set by your router.  Roku isn't trying to connect to a channel it doesn't support - it's not seeing your router if it's configured for a channel it doesn't support.

It's my experience that "Auto" is a horrible idea.  It brings statements like, "nothing has changed with my setup" which can't possibly be known if the channel is set to "Auto".  Change it to a fixed channel and see what happens.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sandy5
Level 7

I’ve tried all of his suggestions but still cannot get ANY of our Roku to connect to my Internet. I’ve even changed out my router with Xfinity. All of my other devices will connect but not my 5 Roku. We’ve been doing this (summers in Michigan and winters in Florida) and have NEVER had this problem. Xfinity sends me to Roku and Roku sends me back to Xfinity. I’v even purchased a brand new Roku and even THAT one won’t connect to my Internet. I’m ready to pitch ALL of my Roku devices and use another form of streaming.