Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel7368
Reel Rookie

Roku not connecting to extended network

I have a Roku Express which works fine on my wireless network but will not connect to my new WiFi extender (TP-Link | N300 WiFi Range Extender). Other devices in the same room connect fine. The Roku says that it is connected to wireless but not the internet. The extender runs 2.4G like the Roku requires and shows that the Roku is connected, but I can’t stream anything. What gives?
7 REPLIES 7
falconi
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku not connecting to extended network

I have the same problem, I use a D-link N300 1325.

0 Kudos
falconi
Reel Rookie

Hello, I solve my problem try entering Settings >> Extend and change the Wi-Fi Channel. I put in 4 and roku already recognizes my WiFi Extender device (D-Link N300 DAP 1325).

Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
Gailkrowe

Not able to use Roku in den. Keeps saying not connected to internet. Extender light is green. Mac address is wrong on tv setting screen. Connection test shows excellent internet and wifi connection. Then I go to use and it says no internet. 

derekg

I have the same problem (Roku can not use WiFi from a range extender) but it only developed recently - perhaps in October 2020. I have three Roku's in the house and they all now behave this way. Must be some software bug that came with a Roku update.

How do you bring this attention to the company? There does not seem to any customer support. Strange way to run a company.

tastebuddy

I have the same issue, with a tplink extender that's not more than 2' away from the Roku TV, it will not recognize it.  Other devices connect to it no problem.  The tv is basically worthless with constant buffering without connection to the extender.  Hello, Roku?

0 Kudos
Rdestin1t

Type your router’s IP address into your web browser. It should take you to your provider site. Log in with the username and password on the back of the router. Once there, look for the section that allows you to change the WiFi channel. Change it to 6 and it should connect. I had the same issue. Now it’s resolved. 

0 Kudos
Julnemo

Try using the original password for you wifi network instead of the new one you created for the extender. It automatically defaults to that. It worked for me.