Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phantomheero
Reel Rookie

Roku not connecting to Internet or Remote

Jump to solution

Just like the title. My roku says it's "Not Connected," and the remote isn't working. I've tried hard resetting, taking out the batteries of the remote, which still has its light beeping. I tried the app but since the Roku isn't connected to the internet, it can't be found on the app. I don't know what do to, and I really don't want to have to buy another Roku. I have the Roku stick.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Phantomheero
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku not connecting to Internet or Remote

Jump to solution

I figured out a solution.

Unplug the stick from the wiring, and the wiring from the outlet. That helped me.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Phantomheero 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device Streaming Stick are you using?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I connect my Roku® streaming device to my home network and the internet?
What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If adjusting your wireless network (changing the wireless broadcast channel, etc.) isn't helping, send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device. I'll get you in touch with our support team to see if there's anything else we can do to help. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phantomheero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The serial number is C2379C437809

0 Kudos
Phantomheero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured out a solution.

Unplug the stick from the wiring, and the wiring from the outlet. That helped me.

Roku not connecting to Internet or Remote

Jump to solution

Everything was working great on both my Roku devices until 12.30.2021. Now neither respond to the remote and neither will connect back to the internet. I factory reset one, but same issues. I am not sure what else to do. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KansasMama3

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ADT2016

Jump to solution

This happened to me as well a couple days ago. I have 3 rokus (the $39 model) and they all stopped connecting to wifi at the same time. My other devices stayed connected, so it's not my router or ISP.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ADT2016, who is your ISP?  If it's Comcast/Xfinity or Cox make sure your Wi-Fi wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.  ISPs have been know to disable 2.4GHz and mess with other settings in customer's routers, so they very well could be to blame.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

I don't have a stick 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @cherylwarnock52

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? With more information, we can assist you further.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos