Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
18hannahhubbard
Level 7

Roku not connecting on TV

I have a Roku Express, and have had it for about 7 months. I went to turn it on today and it stopped working and the HDMI it’s plugged into couldn’t read a signal. I have been troubleshooting it all day. I’ve reset the Roku, switched HDMI cords and ports, unplugged and plugged in the power cord, and pretty much everything else. I tried going onto the Roku app and it looks like it’s not connected to wifi. When I try and connect it through the app it cannot find a Roku to connect with. This screen just flashes the “Roku” label with the bouncing letters and the white light flashes consistently on the machine, but nothing changes no matter what I do. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sheri1
Level 7

Re: Roku not connecting on TV

Sorry, I have no solutions but I wrote about the same exact issue yesterday.....so frustrating! and no one to call. Let's follow each other's replies....the Roku I'm having issues with is an older one "Roku 3", attached to my TV with HDMI.  We have a new Roku TV upstairs that works fine, so  ????

0 Kudos
18hannahhubbard
Level 7

I only have one TV to try it with and it’s still not working. Smiley Sad it is frustrating, and even more so there is no customer service available to help troubleshoot! My TV has two HDMI inputs and I have tried both and it’s not working. I’ve only had the Roku for 7 months so if it’s broken that’s really disappointing considering it was working fine the other day!

0 Kudos
sheri1
Level 7

Hi Anna,

I thought I responded but I don't see my response here.  

We finally got ours fixed.....on the Roku device (we have old Roku 3) there is a tiny tiny pin hole.  I put a paper clip end in there and held for 30 sec.  All of a sudden the tv started pairing the remote.  it sent me to a roku web site where I put in my phone number and someone actually called me and completed the reset and everything works now.  I hope you can find a similar solution!

0 Kudos
18hannahhubbard
Level 7

That’s awesome!! Glad to hear yours got fixed. 

Just tried doing that and nothing happens... the Roku screen pops up but nothing else. Smiley Sad I appreciate your help troubleshooting!

0 Kudos