Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku no longer sees any wiki networks

So I bought a new Roku Premier on December 31.  Been using it off and on ever since, but more since restarting netflix. Once in a while it said it didn't have an internet connection, but resetting the device always fixed it.

Until today.  Now it can't find wifi networks.  Any wifi networks anywhere.  Well mostly.  There's one that it can find, sometimes.  One of my neighbors probably owns it.  But the most I try to connect, the less often it find even that one.  The first time, it did briefly find my network and a couple of others, but said the signal was weak (as it also says for the one that it found)  My router is a couple of feet away from the Roku.  It's a very strong signal.  All my other devices are connected no issue.  My cellphone can find 8 different wifi networks, all of them with strong signals.

So what is going on here?  Before you ask, I tried doing a network reset and even a factory reset, but it's ability to detect wifi just gets weaker and weaker.  Did I just get a faulty unit?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku no longer sees any wiki networks

How are you powering it?  If it's plugged into a USB port on your TV, use the wall adapter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Already am using the wall adapter.  Have never used anything else. Nothing about my setup has changed that I can think off. It's been working fine for almost 3 months until today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I've had Rokus for several years, all wi-fi-connected. The sole time I had wi-fi connection problems they were finally resolved by restarting my router.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried that too. No dice.  And even if that was an issue, the doesn't explain why it also can't see the other 7 routers in range. It's not just mine.  As I said in my first post, it has trouble seeing ANY wifi networks, from everywhere.

I have a feeling I just have a faulty device, which given the who virus thing, I may be stuck unable to get help for a while.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@catwhowalks 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos