Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku network connectivity

we recently moved to a new house but our Roku premiere is remembering our previous wifi connection from old house and I can't get it to connect to the new network despite rebooting the roku several times. Please help! Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku network connectivity

Try performing a network reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Are you using the remote control for your Premiere, or are you trying to use the Roku app on a phone?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Where is this chain of things you list, starting with settings?  Can I do this from a computer, or must I be navigating the streaming sticks interface?  I ask, because I cannot get my cell phone to connect to the streaming device, this is the heart of the issue! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having his issue and I am using the app on my cell phone.  Since the app on my cell is connected to my new network and the streaming device connected to my tv is using my old network, the 2 can no longer communicate. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@BrandinD, yep, you're right.  They can no longer communicate.  Unless you can set up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi you'll need an actual remote.  There is no other way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

If you can reconfigure your new router to use the same net name (SSID) and password as your previous network, then your Roku should connect to the net.  Connect your phone to the same net, you should once again be able to use the Roku app to control the Roku.

Failing that, you'll need to get a compatible remote to reconfigure your Roku to connect to the new network.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos