Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku has gone berserk

Last night, my Roku (Premiere model), installed late last year, went berserk. That is, it won't show any of the network options other than Netflix and even those are garbled in spelling. The problem first appeared a couple of weeks ago when I tried to watch Berlin Babylon with subtitles. The subtitles were in gibberish. Then I noticed that the screen got weird, with digits appearing in bands, when I paused a streaming program. And now it's totally unusable. I can't imagine the device died after only about six months and there doesn't appear to be any problem with my network or television. The power is on and the device is clearly accepting commands. I have no idea who to contact since Roku seems to have gone into hiding. Any suggestions?

KDW

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku has gone berserk

Okay, make fun of me. I tried a reboot and the problem cleared up. In my defense, the previous Roku replaced by this unit never needed that despite more than a decade of use.

0 Kudos