Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valan0830
Level 7

Roku express won’t connect to my wifi

Hi. My roku worked fine in past but I lost remote so I unplugged it and now found the remote and tried plugging it back in. It shows low signal strength and doesn’t even show my WiFi name. I have it set the same exact place it was when it worked

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku express won’t connect to my wifi

@Valan0830 wrote:

Hi. My roku worked fine in past but I lost remote so I unplugged it and now found the remote and tried plugging it back in. It shows low signal strength and doesn’t even show my WiFi name. I have it set the same exact place it was when it worked

This has worked for me to fix wifi problems, even when my Roku can't "see" my wifi:

• Restart your router (yeah, I know everything else connects okay, try it anyway).
  • When router comes back up, restart your Roku, Settings > System > Restart system
  • When Roku comes back up, Settings > Network > Set up connection

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
VijayV
Level 7

I am having the same issue since a few weeks now. I took the Roku close to my WiFi router, even then it shows low signal. Restarting the router and roku didn't help.

0 Kudos
Valan0830
Level 7

Yes I tried that and nothing changed 

0 Kudos
Valan0830
Level 7

Yep tried that already and it still did not correct the issue. 

0 Kudos