Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stigue
Level 7

Roku express not staying connected to internet

I’ve had my Roku for several months, the past 2 months it keeps saying it’s not connected to the internet. All other devices in my home works, I even have a Roku tv and I never have an issue with it. It’s about every 5-10 minutes I get an error message saying there is no internet connection. I’ve done factory resets, went through the settings and reset, unplugged and plugged back in. I’ve tried everything, I noticed there was no agent support available and this is my last resort. 

1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express not staying connected to internet

I've recently noticed that my 2018 Express+ won't connect to the Internet (at least it says it's not connected when it really is) unless I have "Enable 'Device connect'" selected under Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Device connect.  Seems like it should have nothing to do with the Internet connection, but there you go...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos