Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob3
Level 8

Roku express - netflix and deezer stop playing and remote stops working

I have a Roku streaming stick+ 3810x. Recently both netflix and deeezr play for a while and then they buffer or stop. The remote also stops working. Netflix says check the connection but I can't because the remote does not work. Sometime I'm just moving around the home screen and the remote just stops working for a minute or two then it works again. Sometimes the roku will actually reboot.

It has been working well for a long time (I had similar issues more than a year ago after a s/w upgrade).  The s/w was automatically updated on the 7th Aug 2020 (9.3.0 build 4194-50).

Netflix version 5 build 81179068

deezer version 2.3 build 1

My roku stick is no longer behind the TV but placed to the side so there is no interference. I can access the internet just fine from my laptop and I work all day on my laptop with no issues with wifi. I really wish Roku would fix their poor wifi or at least admit it sucks and provide a product with wired connection and IR remote

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bob3
Level 8

Re: Roku express - netflix and deezer stop playing and remote stops working

I reset just the networking (not a full factory reset) and that helped a lot. The remote has only frozen once since and netflix is better but still not back to where it was a month or so ago

0 Kudos
Bob3
Level 8

Re: Roku express - netflix and deezer stop playing and remote stops working

I spoke too early - The remote stopped 5 times last night. On a reset after a freeze it never connects again until another reset is done.

0 Kudos