Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kchara
Level 7

Roku express keeps losing network

I’ve restarted my device 3 times, and my connected to the internet 100’s of times but it’s still not stable and unable to stay connected. Please help

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Robbyhood
Level 7

Re: Roku express keeps losing network

It’s likely the 9.3.0 update that is creating the issue.  My Roku device worked perfect for a month before the update.  I’ve been down about two weeks.   Connects and then loses it’s IP.  Sometimes it keeps it then it loses it.  The signal and connection is good.
maybe a patch comes out soon.  9.3.1.  Fingers crossed  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Several people with varied problems after receiving the 9.3.0 update have reported success via the suggestions in the first paragaph of this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...

I don't know if this will help, but it can't hurt to try.  (After that, the post deals with a specific remote function that had to be re-enabled.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
WoodshopGirl
Level 8

Yeah, I think its more than that.  We have 4 tv's - 3 have Roku units that are all about a year old; the 4th TV in our home gym has an old Amazon Firestick.  After the last software update on Roku, we are now regularly seeing error messages on all 3 tv's with Roku saying poor signal or no connection at all.  BUT at the same time, there's a full signal on cell phones & tablets. 

I've run speed checks with our Linksys app and download speed is right where it should be.  Also the gym tv with the old firestick is the only tv that stays connected to our internet when the other 3 Roku-tv's have nothing.  We've rebooted our router, modem, and Roku units...but we shouldn't have to do this 2-3x's a day!

I just got an email from Roku announcing their new unit.  I think Roku is pulling an "Apple" - pushing out a Trojan Horse software update that causes these problems so consumers will just think it's time to upgrade to the new unit.  Remember Apple got busted for this, too....

0 Kudos
csteger85
Level 7

I'm having the exact same problem. My Roku Express says low signal. Sometimes some apps work and others say there isn't enough of a signal to work, then other times none of the apps will work. I have reset everything, restarted everything, factory reset the roku, bought a wifi extender to try to get a stronger signal, nothing helps. It happened on one of my Express first, so I took one out of the closet that i wasn't using anymore and hooked it up. it worked for a day or two and then the same problem. I can run my apple tv box with no problems, i can run my xfinity streaming box with no problems both from the same TV. my phone, tablet, laptop, etc all will run in the same location with full signal. 
Something similar happened a few years ago so i bought a new roku and assumed it was a bad unit. now it's happening on two new units.

0 Kudos
TVT
Level 7

Hello, my networks are no longer appearing so my Roku express is not able to locate them.  The networks all suddenly disappeared.

I contacted Spectrum but all is good there -- they told me to contact Roku for assistance. 

Please HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Erikadwmson
Level 7

Having same issue!!! What's going on with Roku?!?!

0 Kudos
Erikadwmson
Level 7

This is getting beyond ridiculous! I have the Roku express and it will not find my network... 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Does it find any network?  Note that the Express only supports 2.4Ghz channels 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos