Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku express keeps losing network

I’ve restarted my device 3 times, and my connected to the internet 100’s of times but it’s still not stable and unable to stay connected. Please help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express keeps losing network

It’s likely the 9.3.0 update that is creating the issue.  My Roku device worked perfect for a month before the update.  I’ve been down about two weeks.   Connects and then loses it’s IP.  Sometimes it keeps it then it loses it.  The signal and connection is good.
maybe a patch comes out soon.  9.3.1.  Fingers crossed  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku express keeps losing network

Several people with varied problems after receiving the 9.3.0 update have reported success via the suggestions in the first paragaph of this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...

I don't know if this will help, but it can't hurt to try.  (After that, the post deals with a specific remote function that had to be re-enabled.)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos