Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ks950905
Level 7

Roku express error 014.20 wireless connection issue

I just received my new Roku express device and have been trying to set this device up for the past 2 hours.  I have xfinity router already up and running and other mobile devices like phones are connected to the wifi without any problem. However, my roku express is not picking up the wireless signal from my router and I have tried all the solutions here from the forum and the FAQs. Roku express device is literally 5 inches away from the router so there is no way the signal is weak or interrupted. I tried resetting both the device and the router, but it still doesn't do the work. I also tried logging into the private network option using my SSID, and of course it doesn't do the trick either. I am all out of options and I need help on this. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express error 014.20 wireless connection issue

5 inches may be too close to the router.  Try moving it around.  Just to get through the initial setup, use your phone's hotspot (if possible) and connect to that.  Just make sure your phone's hotspot is using 2.4GHz and a channel from 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos