Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku express connects to network but no Internet.

I have an intriguing problem. I have a Roku express connected to my PC monitor via HDMI upstairs in my study. Until recently it has worked perfectly. Now it says it has no connection  and asks me to connect to the internet. I go through the connection procedure and it connects to my network, however although it gets a green tick for network connection it gets a red cross for Internet connection. I have gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions (reboot Roku, reboot router) it makes no difference, still the same result. If I take it downstairs, it connects to the internet immediately. I know it's not the signal, as I say it, connects to the network with no problem. My laptop and mobile phone sit on my desk within 30cm of it and they connect perfectly to both the network and the internet and they both report a strong signal. Before I tear all my hair out and throw it out of the window, are there any ideas/suggestions out there?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Re: Roku express connects to network but no Internet.

Having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Level 18

use the 2.4ghz signal you should be broadcasting from your Router.

Given that reboot your Router and try again.

Do you have a lot of devices logged in? This can be problematic.

It will taper your bandwidth down too low.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hz. The 5GHz is switched off (since I have no devices that can use it. The problem isn't that it won't connect to the router, it does, and reports the signal strength as excellent. The problem is that the router isn't feeding it through to the internet. MAC address filtering is disabled, so that's not the problem. I've tried connecting to the mobile hotspot on my phone and that works fine, so it's not the Roku that's the problem, and the two other devices withing 3 feet of it (A Wireless extender that my laptop is connected to and my phone) both report excellent internet connectivity. If I take the Roku box downstairs and replace the one on the main TV that works well, this one still picks up the router but no internet connectivity.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I don't have remote to work

My internet connection works but remote on the phone don't work at all

I d

0 Kudos