Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGOC54
Level 7

Roku express connection is a troublesome

Starting a few months ago, my Roku Express has had issues connecting to my network. And it's just gotten worse and worse . For the past couple of days it's been impossible to connect. I've had it for about a year and it's never happened before until those few months ago.

It's not my router, as all my other wireless devices connect to it without problem. (And I haven't moved my router at all. It's in the exact same location it's always been.)

I haven't moved my Roku Express device either. It too is in the same place it's always been.

I've restarted my router and my Roku, but neither seems to solve the issue. It's been a total crapshoot as to whether my Roku will connect when I go to use it. (Except for the past couple days when it seems guaranteed to not to work!!)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
JanD
Level 7

Re: Roku express connection is a troublesome

I am having the same problem, I have removed channels, updated, restored to factory settings, turned off for 10 minutes and nothing work! Does anyone know of a contact number to really get some help? I have spent almost 2 hours to get this to work!!! Very frustrating and hard to believe that Roku does not have customer support!!

0 Kudos
EGOC54
Level 7

Agreed. It appears that customer support is only available to those who have the most expensive devices. When I go to the Support site and follow the steps to get help, it tells me that agent assistance is not available for that product. It says to go to the Community instead. Clearly, customer service is not something they're concerned with.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@EGOC54

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku express connection is a crapshoot

@JanD

Thanks for the post.

I'm not quite sure if you posted in the correct thread or not, but hopefully we can assist you with what you are experiencing. Please be aware that removing channels has no effect on your wireless network connection.

If you are experiencing wireless network connectivity issues, we would recommend taking a look at the steps outlined above in my previous post.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos