Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashleyq234
Level 7

Roku express connecting to internet issue

I recently bought a Roku express form target but while setting it up it won’t connect to my internet I have tried restarting the Roku and unplugging everything but it still says unable to connect can someone help!?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku express connecting to internet issue

Hello @Ashleyq234

Thanks for the post.

Since you are getting an error message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, please note that Roku Express (3930X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express connecting to internet issue

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Furthermore, please note that Roku Express (3930X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Adding to @RokuKariza-D's post -- Rokus support channels 1-11 in the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, as are used in North America.  If your router supports 2.4 GHz channels outside this range make sure your router is set to use a channel in this range and that you aren't using an auto setting that could select channels outside this range.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos