Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku express WiFi connectivity

Having poor connection issues with my roku TV. I have two Rokus. One specifically continues to have poor connection while the other one has excellent. One was in my bedroom and one in the living room (not far apart). After switching both device locations, the same roku device continues to have poor connection to the WiFi (so the location of the device is not the issue). Is it time for a new Roku entirely? I’ve had it for about 4 years.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

Re: Roku express WiFi connectivity

See if this helps with the problem unit:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos