Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tdf

Roku express 4k will not detect my wifi on initial setup

Trying to set up roku express 4k for first time it will not detect my wifi. As far as i get is the language screen then i click ok then it trys to detect my wifi just continually goes in circle that's as far as it goes. Tried unplugging router nothing, can't move it closer to router, don't know how to change channel on router, tried restarting it nothing. Is there a different roku that doesn't have this problem.  My old roku connected instantly. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k will not detect my wifi on initial setup

@Tdf 

The Express 4K is a dual band device, and should see the network and be able to connect via 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. It could be the device is defective -- it is rare, but it happens; that's why there's a warranty.

You could test by confirming your old Roku still connects, but the fact that your device is dual band would normally rule out the usual issue on the 2.4 GHz band, since you should be able to connect on the 5 GHz band.

Apart from that, nothing comes to mind. If you bought it locally, you may want to take it back for exchange/refund.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos