Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff154
Reel Rookie

Roku error “Not Connected”

I relocated my tv and now the remote can’t pair with the Roku stick plus and it does recognize the same wireless router. It has an message on the top right of the screen that showsNo Connected.  I tried unplugging, taking out the batteries, unplugged the router and wifi, resetting the remote, using the Roku app. Nothing works.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku error “Not Connected”

@Jeff154-

Your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router that affects some Roku models. This has been reported lately with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report their Roku locates the network and reports the connection strength but then fails to connect. The solution is to reconfigure the router to switch it from g/n wifi protocols as set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users: https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jeff154
Reel Rookie

I’m using Spectrum and I spoke with their technician to reconfigure the router and switch it from g/n wifi protocols to b/g/n.  It still did not resolve the issue and still says Not Connected on the screen. What should I do?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

What happens when you go through the network setup procedure to connect to your Wi-Fi?  Do you get any error messages?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

power off pc,then modem, then router, wait 3 minutes, plug in modem then router, wait til blinking lights stop, start pc.   now start roku, goto new wireless connection follow intructions, your all set, it worked for me.

0 Kudos