Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ljupina

Roku disconnects from wifi Sametime everyday

Everyday for the past 3 months or so everyday at 1:30 Arizona time. My rokus that are not on a smart TV since I don't need the box and Roku remote for the smart TV does it everyday like click work. We have to restart the system and reconnect to wifi.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku disconnects from wifi Sametime everyday

Hello @Ljupina

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

I have searched the topics and done all suggested. In particularly Kariza's answer was great and confirmed what I was already doing. I had an old Roku that was disconnecting continuously multiple times even while on & watching a show, so I thought it was just worn out. I bought a new one, set it up, plugged it into the wall outlet, and now 2 days in a row I turn it on and there is no connection just like the old remote. If I disconnect the USB power cable from the player & plug it back in, it will typically start back up. Please help. Thank you a head of time.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @JWatson

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For clarification, is it your remote that always gets disconnected to your Roku player or you always get disconnected to the wifi? 

If it's the wifi, please provide here the model number of your Roku device/s. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

I get a message when I turn my TV on using the remote "No Signal". Once I disconnect the Roku Express 4K+ streaming player from the USB power cable & plug it back in it finds the signal (wifi) and continues processing to my app screen. When I go to Settings > System > About as you asked there is Network name, Status, Connection type, Signal strength, wireless channel, IP address, Gateway, & Wireless MAC address. No Model Number. I found the model number on where I ordered from (Amazon). Model # is: 3941R. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks ahead of time for your assistance.

0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

P.S. I dug some more on my Roku & found where the Model# is. It states: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+. There is also Serial no.: X016009XKASA; Software version 11.0. * build 4193-CR; Uptime 3 hours 43 minutes; Roku support roku.....; Device ID SO7P2119XKASA; my network name; my IP address & MAC address. I hope that helps out too.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@JWatson

Thanks for the details!

Could you try connecting your Roku device to a different HDMI port to see if that will make a difference? If still no dice, try plugging your Roku into a different television.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

I'll give it a try on both suggestions. I'll keep you posted.

Mike_03

This is a common issue faced by Roku users. You might have tried a lot of things to fix this issue, but do you know that the issue can be caused by your router itself? After you have tried all possible troubleshooting options, you can change your wifi channel and check if the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

To Mike_03. We have a new modem & router (separate from each other) & are still having the issue. Changing the wifi channel is not necessary per tech guy I spoke with. We live in our home not an apartment and there's very little traffic on this channel. 

Anymore suggestions from others or from you Mike would be great.

0 Kudos