Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku disconnects constantly.

I have tried two different Roku devices now, the express and the premier, and they both do the same thing. They will randomly disconnect from the internet for anywhere from a few seconds to upwards of a minute. No other device on my WiFi is losing signal. My speed test shows consistently over 65 mbps and yet it happens over and over. 

I’ve tried looking online at solutions and had no help. One says move the Roku closer and that didn’t help. My Roku is LITERALLY less than 3 feet from the router. Then, there was a thing that says to make sure the TV isn’t between the Roku and the router, so I move the Roku 3 inches from the router and it still happened. 

I have used three different routers and two three different modems. The Roku is the only device that still doesn’t work. 

This is beyond frustrating. I’m about to decide that Roku products are just garbage and making sure to tell my friends to avoid them like the plague. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku disconnects constantly.

Me too, my remote doesn’t work more than it works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes , Me too. There is no reason for Roku to not be able to connect in my house yet mysteriously it does. My family doesnt like to have get-togethers at my house because of unpredictable disconnections and now all of a sudden I have no connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

5 different devices here, no connection issues.

Distance as in "closeness" isn't really a thing.  You can have just as much problem or more honestly if you are too close to a wireless access point.  Not saying that is your issue, it just isn't always the solution.  Even 3 feet might be too close.  Wifi is finicky like that.

What access points have you tried?  Is this 2.4 or 5ghz wifi? What wireless channel is being used?

Changing the modem wouldn't do anything as you already state that other devices are fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, garbage, mines keeps disconnecting to and my signal is strong. Only the roku stick constantly loses connectivity.  Roku Rubbish. 

0 Kudos