Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku direct not appearing in wifi options

I'm trying to reconnect my Roku for another time to Xfinity hotspot. And I goto hotel/dorm option of course and when I do that the prompt shows you giving me the steps to goto wifi and find the "direct-Roku" wifi connection and a password. But it never appears EVER in there. What can do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku direct not appearing in wifi options

What sort of device are you using to complete the authentication? While the Roku direct connection has always appeared for me, I had a lot of problems using an iPad as the connection device, while my Windows laptop would work every time. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku stick 3600 I believe. And I'm using a generic android smart phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

OK, I've used the 3600 myself, only recently switching to a Premiere when I travel. As mentioned, try using something different to complete the authentication. While I did have an Android phone a few years ago, I never tried using it to complete the hotel/dorm setup, so no idea if there's anything specific about the combination. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted

Thank you it's something I guess. Unfortunately I do not have another device to try really. I have a laptop but it is currently not working. I may have to upgrade either my phone or Roku. Unfortunately I don't have the money for that. Haha. Thank you so much for trying to help me, I greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos