Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estephens
Reel Rookie

Roku devices show internet connection slow (>1-3Mbps) other devices 43Mbps or faster

I am having the same issue.  All my Roku devices are showing less than 1 mbps, but all my other devices are showing 60+ mbps.  I don't get it.  I have ATT Internet.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku devices show internet connection slow (>1-3Mbps) other devices 43Mbps or faster

@estephens

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model devices are you using? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting? How far are your Roku devices from the wireless router?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
estephens
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku devices show internet connection slow (>1-3Mbps) other devices 43Mbps or faster

I have a 3800 Stick, 3930X Express, Two Roku TV's.  All with the same problem.  I'm running dual band with the same result on both channels.  

2.4 ghz, Mixed, Channel 1, 20 mhz only

5.0 ghz, Mixed, Channel 36, 20 mhz only

I changed to those because everything was on AUTO before, and was told Roku doesnt like some channels and widths.  

Unfortunately I don't have a hotspot to connect to.  Until a month ago, everything was fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@estephens

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless routers as well as switching the wireless network channel to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos