Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku device not connecting to my wifi.

I have two roku devices.  Neither will connect to my wifi.  My network appears on the screen. When I type the password and connect I receive error 14.50.  I have rebooted my router and both roku devices. I have retyped the password multiple times. No other devices in the house are having this problem (not my google home, laptops, smartphones, tablets, ring, etc. allof those are connecting).  I have had no issues until tonight.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku device not connecting to my wifi.

there is a setting in "Advanced Setup" that needs to be changed.  Select "DHCP Settings" from the LAN Settings section and scroll to option 4 "Set the DHCP name special character state" and select "Allow Special Characters" and click Apply.  Go back to your Streaming Stick setup and you will now be able to connect to your CenturyLink network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ACMcG 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @_Rebecca has recommended, try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

i though you are going to give me a kudos for that answer.Smiley LOL