Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josstr2
Level 7

Roku connection problem

My roku will not connect to wifi/internet in only one room in the entire house. I have restarted my roku and router respectively. The roku also was able to connect in this room before, so what is the deal?! I need help ASAP

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dgrace
Level 10

Re: Roku connection problem

Obviously something has changed, maybe not with your router or roku but in that room. Any new electronics added? Mirror on a wall can block signal. Has the router been moved, or any other things in the signal path? 
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Josstr2
Level 7

No nothings changed. Our router did randomly restart one day but everything works. I moved the this roku to a different room and it worked it just stopped working in one room since the reboot
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 10

Since you say that it works when in other areas, then its most likely ok. Are you able to get into your router and save it's setup file and then reset it to factory settings? That way you can easily replace your settings and possibly fix any glitches that could have caused or been made by that sudden shutdown.
FZ
0 Kudos
Josstr2
Level 7

We did that and setup new settings since we had to call xfinity for the router problems
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dgrace
Level 10

Is it possible that the problem room is close to another network that could be interfering? A neighbor?
FZ
0 Kudos
Josstr2
Level 7

It’s possible but why would the interference kick in now?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Josstr2

Sorry to hear about the sudden issue! Give these steps a try to see if you can revive the connection:

https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

If you've tried adjusting your router's wireless channel, etc. and you still aren't seeing success, please PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your player from Settings>System>About and I'll have a member of our Support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

-Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos