When I use the mobile remote app the roku doesn’t show up as a device although it is connected to my home network. I have gone through all the troubleshooting posted on this website and can’t seem to find a solution. When I try to manually sync it, I use the exact IP address number on the settings page and it says that the “roku device was not found at this IP address”. It’s obviously connected because it says the signal is excellent and I can use all the apps. Any other suggestions? I tried contacting customer service for roku and they told me I need to get in touch with netgear about this issue but there’s no way to contact them unless you have a membership. Thanks!
1) Restart your Roku/Modem/Router/Gateway/Phone: Settings/System/system restart/Restart - try again
2) Turn off Guest SSID and AP/Client isolation in your modem/gateway/router settings (if enabled) - try again
3) Revert the Roku Remote app to the previous version - try again
You sure one isn't connected to your 2.4GHz and other your 5GHz wifi?
Yep they’re both on 5GHz. I can check it on the netgear app. They’re also connected to the same satellite so idk what the issue is
Did you try the 3 previous suggestions?
1) Try switching your eother/both your phone (brand model unknown) and/or Roku (model # and firmware version unknown) to 2.4Ghz - try again
2) Reset the network: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again
I tried your second option with no fix. I’m not sure how to change the HGz on the devices. They automatically go on the 5. I have an iPhone (14.7.1) and Roku ultra on the latest update (10.0.0).
Sounds like from your description that you have a mesh network.
You'd need to use separate SSIDs for each band if you want greater control over your network.
You can do so in the configuration pages of your modem/router/gateway.
Well, I have no clue how to do that. So I guess I’ll just continue not being to use my phone as a remote lol it worked the day I got the Roku with no issues and the next day it said on the app to make sure the device was connected to the internet. Not sure why it would work one day and then stop working all together when I haven’t made any changes whatsoever.
In theory, trying to sync it manually with the IP address should work but it also says that the device is not on that address.