Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zabo
Level 7

Roku communication on TCP port 2350?

I noticed my Roku devices attempting to reach out to some AWS hosts on TCP port 2350.

Watching DNS didn't show any request that resolved to the particular IP that it connected to. I couldn't find any documentation about it

I do egress filtering on my IoT devices so I'd like to understand if this is needed and ideally what it's for before I allow it.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MozartMan
Level 8

Re: Roku communication on TCP port 2350?

AWS - Amazon Web Services for cloud storage and web hosting and probably other things.

My guess is that it is to download picture that you can see on Roku home screen on the right side.
In plain English - advertisement and probably tracking of what you watch and your habits so data can be reported to NSA, CIA, FBI, and KGB. Smiley LOL

PS
For a few weeks I was using  AdGuard DNS and picture on my Roku home screen disappeared. Then I switched back to my ISP DNS and picture came back.
Would you mind sharing DNS of those AWS hosts so I can add them to my HOSTS file, please?
0 Kudos