Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitney442

Roku can’t locate wireless network was on network before

I scan to find our wireless network and comes up no network found it’s the same network we’ve been on since July but all of a sudden can’t get the roku to connect or locate the  network what do I do 

17 REPLIES 17
GardenGirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku can’t locate wireless network was on network before

I have this problem too. Has been fine since I bought it a few months ago and now it won’t connect. Tried all the methods for troubleshooting and fixing including complete reset and got my router back on the network list so reconnected but 10 mins later lost it again. All other devices laptops, phones etc are connected just can’t see my router again. 

wander73
Binge Watcher

Unplug your router,   unplug all your devices for a minute.  Restart them and try it.  See if that works.  

0 Kudos
GardenGirl
Reel Rookie

Unplugging, resetting and all options under the menus did not work. However now that I have plugged the streaming stick into a separate power socket rather than using the TV USB socket for power, the connect has come back. Hoping this fixes my problem. Very odd as signal strength is excellent when connected. No idea why I could see other/neighbours routers but not my own. 

0 Kudos
wander73
Binge Watcher

You need to unplug your router,  then re plug it back in.  You see other routers from neighbors because of the way the network is depending on where you're at.   It means that the firewall on your internet you might want to contact your Internet provider for that.  

0 Kudos
GardenGirl
Reel Rookie

As I explained I unplugged my router and that doesn’t work. The only thing that has worked is plugging the Roku stick into an independent power socket. I had mine plugged into the TV usb. This has fixed my problem of losing my connection.   I am posting this ‘fix’ for other posters to try. 

0 Kudos
nancy21

Roku cant connect and my tv wont let me change internet options

Thank you. Nothing seems to fix mine. Ive moved and cant seem to get my roku to connect to wifi no matter what I do. I do NOT have access to the router as I am at a campground and can only connect to their wifi. All my other products (phone, computers, firestick) work fine. Not the wireless roku.

0 Kudos
madjosey

I have done all that was suggested and still can't connect to wireless network.  My computers, phone, etc. are connected.

What more can be done?

0 Kudos

Is my tv defective 

0 Kudos
Hoyes
Reel Rookie

Our Roku stopped yesterday after having worked fine before.

i have actioned all the previous comments, checked router, restarted, checked signal strength and also changed usb sockets with no success.

it is just a waste of a product as there seems to be no customer support or anyone to talk to. Is it a defective product and if so how can I get a new one? Anyone any ideas?