Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
relindwto6
Level 7

Roku can't find network

I have a roku Express that has been working great. All of a sudden it can't find my network. It has found a couple others close to me, but not mine. I have reset it. Unplugged it and restarted it. Even reset my router. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13\
sincerelyg
Level 8

Re: Roku can't find network

@relindwto6 I'm having that same problem too, did everything you did as well and my Roku is set up on the TV right by the router box so that's not the issue. It has to be the device itself.

DHannah39
Level 7

I am having the same issue as well.  My other devices connect to my hotspot, but the Roku player will not.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
sincerelyg
Level 8

Exactly @makaiguy it doesn't make since. I've restarted both the Router and the Roku device and still nothing and I have other devices on the same wifi that are up and running and they are far away from the router.

sincerelyg
Level 8

@DHannah39 right! I tried that too!!! Still nothing!

0 Kudos
Theflipgod
Level 7

Same here ive used it for like a year and a half and i went on it one day and it wouldn't find my network 

0 Kudos
ARG
Level 7

Same problem, had two working fine. My really old one came back but not Express. Would unlinking it work

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There are many threads on this and the one common denominator seems to be having 802.11b mode enabled on your router, especially if you're using OpenWRT or DD-WRT.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gordon322
Level 7

We've got 3 Roku devices and the oldest one, a 3900x Roku Express module has the same problem with the 9.4 update.

The other 2 are newer versions, both are 3930x Roku Express and both appear to be working correctly right now.

The older one worked yesterday afternoon, but can't see any networks later in the evening.  My phone finds 6-7 networks.  The one suggested hack was to try either WEP encryption or to open up the network don't work for me.  Unfortunately, my Netgear wifi router doesn't support WEP and opening up the network didn't work.

0 Kudos