Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuttonWillow
Level 7

Roku can't connect to Network!

For the first time ever, I am switching over to wireless because of the new setup in my new house. Problem is, my Roku refuses to connect to the network (error code 014). I can see the network, but it won't connect. I even did a hard reset, but now I'm stuck at the setup screen. I have that Comcast modem/router all in one. Can anyone help me try and figure this out?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku can't connect to Network!

Your post implies you previously had a non-wireless connection, which would mean you have a model with an Ethernet jack.  That, in turn, implies you have a model that supports both wifi bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, since the less expensive models with only 2.4 GHz don't have Ethernet jacks.

I can't help you specifically with a Comcast modem/router, but I can tell you Rokus will only connect to channels 1-11 in the 2.4 GHz band and channels 36-48 & 149-165 in the 5 GHz band.  If your router is set to use channels outside these ranges, the Roku won't connect.  The router may also be set to auto-select the channels it uses, and could be setting you, or switching you to, one the Roku can't use.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos